National Jr. Honor Society
The National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) elevates Thunderbolt Middle School’s commitment to the values of scholarship, service, leadership, character, and citizenship. Earning and maintaining a chapter of NJHS is a proud accomplishment for a school and its school leaders—particularly the administration led by the principal and the faculty council led by the adviser—in administering a national recognition program that celebrates holistic assessment of student achievement. NJHS members complete individual and group service projects. As a group, we host and assist with events at our school and throughout the community. We have participated in walks for various local concerns, helped at the Humane Society, Prestige Assisted Living, Balloon Fest, Memorial Day Services, and many other events.
Candidates who qualify according to the following prerequisites will be invited to complete a candidate profile form. Students are eligible to become candidates if they:
NJHS Eligibility Requirements
1. Maintain the minimum GPA of 3.5 each quarter potential candidates selected from those with 3.5 GPA in both Q1 and Q2.
2. Exemplify good citizenship. No N's or U's, this includes attendance.
3. Miss no more than 8 days of school per semester. This includes partial days.
4. Receive a "satisfactory" grade in all classes.
5. No disciplinary concerns or referrals.
Candidate forms are then assessed based upon the NJHS ideals of scholarship, character, service, citizenship, and leadership. Candidates are selected and formally inducted during the 3rd quarter and participate in individual and charter-related service activities.
Advisor: Christina Bonsang, Allison Finegan